Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Alysha's 4th birthday

Alysha at 4 years old.
Alysha is turning out to be a precious, curious, sweet, mischievous normal child who just turned 4 years old. She likes to play dress up, play in the sand, make believe, pretend cooking, play dress up and taking things apart! Just like her dad, that is, the taking things apart part!

It's not easy raising a toddler at 65 years old. She has parents in their mid 50's to early 60's and grandparents late 80's and early 90's. Senior citizens one an all!
Dave with Alysha

I feel bad for her that I don't have the energy that I should have for her, to do more physical things with her. On the other hand, she's being given tools to help her in life early on. Since between Dave and I have a combined set of complementary skills, hopefully she will be well equipped to face life's challenges in creating a livelihood for herself, plus some basic sustainable life skills to help along the way.

Alysha wanted to be a cat for Halloween,
so I painted her face like one.
Click any photo on this page to enlarge
.
At least at this junction in my life, I am settled and comfortable with myself and with a husband who is also a helpmate, great friend and companion. We have stability and since we work at home, she has our constant presence, love and support 24/7.



No comments: